Funding and Annual Reports
AOAV has recently received funding from a range of donors including governments, institutions, and foundations.
For previous years' annual reports, please contact the Executive Director.
AOAV worker safety
Given the sometimes dangerous work that we undertake, we take the safety of our workers very seriously at AOAV. There have been no fatalities or serious injuries of AOAV staff since our inception.
Landmine Action - the charity that AOAV was formed out of - tragically saw one of its employees killed whilst clearing explosive remnants of war in 2010.
Ethical funding policy
To help guarantee the availability of ongoing funds to pay for its work, AOAV aims to maintain a broad base of funding sources, and seeks to work with external organisations and individuals that share its aims and values. However, it is vital that AOAV does not allow any external partnership to bring its name into disrepute or prejudice the independence of its research. We have a responsibility to all our stakeholders to consider the ethical implications and risks of working with, or accepting funding from, any state, organisation or individual, and to maintain both accountability towards – and transparent relationships with – all our partners.
AOAV complies with all relevant legislation, including money laundering rules, sanctions requirements and the UK Bribery Act. AOAV, therefore, considers accepting financial support from organisations and individuals on the following conditions:
- There are strong grounds for believing that such support will benefit AOAV's work and its partners
- The aims, values and activities of donors do not conflict with those of AOAV
- Donors are not involved in, or associated with, any form of criminal or illegal activity, or human rights abuses
- AOAV is satisfied that association with donors will not: compromise AOAV's aims and values, or its independent status; result in adverse publicity or other reputational damage; lead to a decline in support for AOAV, or in the resources available to fund its work; damage its longer term fundraising prospects
- There is no attempt on the part of donors to influence AOAV's policy or actions, either explicitly or implicitly
- It is not a requirement of financial support to advertise or promote any company or organisation.
All decisions to accept funding are ultimately made by the Executive Director and AOAV's Board on a case-by-case basis.
Funding from Multilateral Institutions
Funding from Trusts, Foundations, and Non-Governmental Organisations
Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen